Turkish Poached Eggs
I was at the Bristol Lido last week swimming, steaming and eating. The package included breakfast, lunch and dinner. I opted for Turkish poached eggs which include a unique combination of yoghurt and egg. As a big breakfast fan, I'm always looking for something different and nutritious rather than breakfast cereals or breakfast biscuits. This version is similar to Shakshuka - but here we use a tomato rather than a tomtao and pepper base. Poached eggs aren't the easiest but, you only get better! Apparently Ferran Adria took six months perfecting his.
Ingredients for one portion
1 cup of plain yoghurt
Two cloves of garlic
Chopped fresh herbs
1/2 a tin of chopped tomatos or chop 3 large tomatoes
Half a small onion chopped
- To prepare tomato sauce simply sautee the onions until soft and brown before adding the tomatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for five - 10 minutes.
- Season using chili, chopped basil or chopped corainder.
- Poach your eggs - if you're not sure how follow instructions on the BBC website or look at this video
- The tomato sauce is placed in a shallow bowl or plate (if it is thick enough). Place your two poached eggs on the sauce.
- Combine the yoghurt dressing with the chopped garlic and cover the eggs
- Add herbs to garnish. Then munch.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments