Noodles and Veg Summer Salad
This is the first of our summer recipes. If you are spending holidays at home and have a little more time than usual to cook we'll be posting a recipe a day to inspire you. Feel free to adapt and change ingredients. All our recipes will incorporate at least 3 portions of veg and a balance of protein, carbohydrate and good fat.
- 2 inches fresh ginger grated including juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice, apple or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin vinegar or add 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
Noodles and veg
- 100 g soba noodles cooked according to instructions
- 250 g spinach
- 100 g tofu
- 4 carrots - make ribbons
- Half a spring cabbage sliced
- Two teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Two inches fresh ginger finely chopped
- For the dressing whisk all the ingredients until smooth
- Boil a small amount of water and steam cabbage and carrots for around 4 minutes (until soft). If you don't have a steamer, add 50 ml of water to a pan, add the cabbage and carrots and cook under cover for a few minutes
- Sautee the spinach with garlic and ginger
- Separate noodles into two bowls and cover with steamed veg and dressing.
- Slice smoked tofu on to each dish and eat with a side of spinach!
There is about 8g protein in 100g of Tofu. Asian food often includes nuts, eggs, fish and meat to boost protein content but it is also rich in vegetables.
This dish contains 3 of the 5 portions of veg/fruit we aim to eat on a daily basis.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments