So, a French restaurant chain does a two course lunch for £9.99 and yesterday I was enticed in by the menu items which included butternut squash and carrot soup for starters followed by cod on stew of chickpeas, olives and toms. I also ordered a side of the rocket salad which also included baby toms, avocado and pine-nuts and an orange juice. A perfectly balanced meal with good amounts of protein, good fats, all five fruit/veg portions and lots of yum factor. So, the next question is can we make the same thing at home for a fraction of the price.
I've found a similar recipe online and wondered if foodies amongst you could try this (I'm about to do the same) and cost it out. The recipe is by Alissa Robinson and also contains quinoa visit http://www.pescetonian.co.uk/2013/01/pan-fried-cod-with-quinoa-spinach-and-chickpeas/. There was also a similar recipe in last week's Grazia for those of you who read it.
Eating Out? Staying in...A Competition
So, it makes sense to turn this into a competition
- Make a home-made version of the dish and side salad (use the recipes or modify for your own version)
- Tell us how much it costs and how many portions you made
- Tell us more about the fish - Where did you buy it from? Does it have the MSC label? http://www.msc.org/cook-eat-enjoy/fish-to-eat/cod?gclid=CPiNvaPAmrcCFdHLtAodUlgAng
- Add some top-tips for adding flavour, boosting nutrition and making a cost effective meal
- We'll post pics and tips and choose a winner
Please submit entries by 24th May 2013
The prize for the winner. £10.00 voucher for Abel and Cole who have a fish sale on at the moment. Please note we don't really support any one company over another but like the description on the website about local producers and the fish sale fits in with this particular activity so we thought it would be a nice prize.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments